Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tickled Pink

Oh thank god.  I'm back in business.  After losing the laptop to the virus equivalent of Mordor (hence my absence from these here frivolous pages) - I decided to get myself a dinky, fit-for-purpose little Sony Vaio (pink, of course) which I intend to use for social media and social full-stop purposes PERIOD as they say in the States.  In addition, I invested in an external drive just in case I go into download overdrive or actually get around to finishing my 'magnus opus' and find that 250GBs isn't enough to store those precocious words. Given its tiny processor capacity (by comparison), the Vaio has the added benefit of letting me know if I've crossed the line byte-wise.  For instance, if it starts to huff and wheeze with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease gusto I know it's time to take it down a notch.  My kind of performance indicator.

Sadly along with the motherboard of my old laptop go 5 year's worth of memories and I don't recommend the feeling.  So like Carrie Bradshaw, I now back up.  It's a small outlay compared to the sentimental losses I may have just incurred.  I mean, you can invest in a back-up system or you can invest in a heart of glass and cultivate an enormous sense of entitlement.  Just make sure you bring a hearty list of obfuscating vocabulary to the customer services desk of whichever snake pit of electronic con merchants you were forced to buy from if you decide to take the aristocratic path.

Computer Boy will tell me soon whether there is more than a page of illegible script worth recovering.  I don't even want to think about it.

Still, a pink Sony Vaio...every cloud.

Must dash - the keyboard is spitting sawdust.

No comments: