Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sunshine of my life

What a splendid day for sun and fuck ups.  And let's be honest, if you're going to be on the receiving end of incompetence, better that the sun be shining than the rain be a-pouring no?  In my attempt to just let it go now, I will just say that when estate agents are bad, they are proper dreadful.  And that is all I will say.

On a brighter note, and I'm almost afraid to say this for fear of tempting fate, but either I'm getting better at managing time at work (and the art of delegation - let's not kid anyone), or things are miraculously improving in the office.  I shall take this as the 'flow' in what I've now long come to accept is the 'ebb and flow' of life.  Things appear to be generally looking up and I'm grateful for every last drop of luck.

On an even brighter note, my Lisherlicious is 5 on Friday.  We had her party last weekend - coincidentally Mother's Day...oops!  So a few people did drop out wanting to spend this sweet day doing something special and exclusive with their offspring, but plenty didn't.  One in particular simply dropped off her child and left with a toodles! and a see you in 2 hours!  Which just goes to show - the world is thankfully full of all sorts.  And me?  well  after all the cleaning and hosting, I'm thinking I might have to ask for a Mother's Day in lieu.  Ah but it was worth every lump of compacted cake on carpets and upholstery (which I'm still finding btw) for one glimpse of Lishy's smiling face. 

A far cry from last year when we didn't know a soul under 35 years old having just returned from Canada.  The best I could do was fill the room with balloons and hide her presents in amongst them.  She liked the balloons more than she did the presents, obviously. This year we substituted balloons for people.  Which was nice and they don't pop (as easily).

Tonight she fell asleep with her new digital camera still clenched in her hand - yes, at 5 that is what she asked for.  Gawd help us!  But whaddya gonna do?  She's my ray of light, the sunshine of my life and my reason for being (even though I haven't always found motherhood easy, I'll admit).

I guess in this sense, practice makes perfect? No?

No comments: