Friday, June 15, 2012

The Cat That Got the Cream

Naughty, naughty!  Officially the longest gap between posts and I have absolutely no valid excuse for it.  Well, I sort of have in that I couldn't talk about the only real piece of news I wanted to talk about. And while there are other things, musings...drivel I could have bored you with I just couldn't focus for long enough on any other topic but this one. But now, finally, the gag is off.  I'm leaving my job!  I'm leaving!  I'm offski to join the other side. I'm leaving agency side PR to go in-house.  I am off to be the Media Relations Manager for 02.  YIHHHHHAAAAAA!  In the words of The Godfather: "They made me an offer I couldn't refuse" and I just could not be happier. No. More. Clients.  Gawd bless them.

It's the career equivalent of taking off a really really tight corset; like undoing the top button or two of your jeans after an "all you can eat buffet"; like putting on the comfy pants of an evening! Let the creative juices flow!  So it looks like patience and acceptance have paid off as hoped and ultimately planned.   The step back provided the run up needed to make up for ground lost in Canada.
I also get to work with one of the funniest and most talented wordsmiths I know.  Super Cool.
But before you all start feeling like I'm getting a little bit too smug, let me end this little update by telling you that last week The Homers spent a week in Magalluf....erm....that is what happens when you trust a Canuck with the booking of the family break.

For those of you who don't know anything about Magalluf - let's just say you are the lucky ones.


MEEEAOWW






No comments: