Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh Crystal Ball Tell Me Life is Beautiful

I've been sleeping extraordinarily well recently.  I attribute the ability to do something that on the outside seemingly requires little to no effort but which has in the past totally eluded me, to yoga and meditation.  That and the comfort of finally having secure knowledge of what the future holds (of which more at a later date).   That said, while I have been sleeping as deeply as if Brunhilda had put a spell on me, I have also been dreaming.   I can remember only snippets which I've been trying to piece together in order that I might know what it is my subconscious thoughts have been trying to tell me. 

First of course, I have to get past the plain odd stuff, remnants of the day, like bearded ladies and melting stairs.  I've had a lot of snakes visit me but I'm beginning to understand what they stand for: transformation - the shedding of the old self. I know what this is alluding to.  I agree and embrace this change in me, though why it has to be represented by my most dreaded phobia and not Nathan Followil, drummer for the Kings of Leon is an injustice I will just have to live with.  It's perverse. Or rather it's not perverse enough.

I've spent too much time setting this up damn it.  The dream has evaporated.  I'll have to get back to you.

On another esoteric subject I read my Tarot cards the other day. Yes, I do have way too much time on my hands but I am using it very wisely I promise you outside of the odd eccentricity.  It always amazed me how accurate the cards can be - though I'm a long way from knowing how to read them like a true professional, I do instantly get a picture.  I got all the cards you sort of don't want to get like Death and the Devil but thankfully (much like the snake in my dreams) they all refer to a change, a rebirth that can only occur with the shedding of the old self, the old situation.  The Devil is slightly more troublesome in that it infers confusion and deceit of some sort - self-made entrapment or perhaps if Tiger Woods had been here, adultery..(allegedly).   But I do sort of know why that card came up.  More importantly than that I didn't pull The Tower....no you don't want to ever really get the Tower.  The Tower is bad.

The thing I like about the Tarot cards is that, much like meditation - they do sort of offer guidance and answers to subliminal questions.  And the cards do not lie.

I know what my future looks like and it ends with the Wheel of Fortune (7pm, CBC)...no just kidding.  The real Wheel of Fortune is a good card to pull...a great one even.  Is my ship finally coming in?

I certainly hope so but for now, I must live in the moment.  Tomorrow isn't here yet and yesterday is long gone.

No comments: