Friday, June 25, 2010

If you build it they will come....

....not necessarily.  I've finally organised a couple of yoga classes and am in the middle of a mini marketing campaign mostly involving social media and leaflets.  Social media is all very well except for the fact that most of my network is in Canada - having started my online adventure while living there and while I have e-mailed everyone I know here in London, this first class is mid-morning, in the middle of the week. Most if not all of my London based friends are working.  It's a small point but means I could be standing in an empty hall.  Then I approached the mummy contingency at my daughter's daycare only to realised that a lot of those gals have second babies that are not yet in daycare and so again are unable to attend.

I've turned to guerilla marketing now.  Leafleting places that both take and don't take leaflets.   We all have to start somewhere - I mean Richard Branson started in a phonebox on Ladbroke Grove, if urban myth is to be believed.  I did notice today that all the leaflets I'd left in the library had disappeared.  I'm hoping they've been taken by library goers and not filed in 'the bin' by some jobsworth librarian.  So, hence a second class on a Sunday later in the month.  This time SURELY people will come? 

Nevertheless, the self-doubt creeps in and I have found myself balancing this out by applying for what my mother would have called a 'proper' job. More about that as appropriate.  Let's just say I'm only applying for wishlist positions - so it may take some time to nail.

In the meantime, I'm committed to Yoga and as I watch E!-Entertainment talking about achieving your bikini body, straining to hear the presenter over the crunch of my lime-flavoured tortilla chips.  I'm still confident, if a little bit petrified about the outcome of this venture. 

The logo's nice though, ennit?

No comments: