Saturday, July 16, 2011

#6 - Perfection and beauty and...wood

Well, The Silverback and I have made it to our 6th wedding anniversary.  I am told it's the year of wood, and puns aside - yep, wood is as good a description of last year as anything. Sometimes we've worked with the grain and sometimes against.  Sometimes we've had to work hard at not beating the shit out of eachother with the wood and other times it was only the wood in a stripped back frame that kept us together.  So all in all.  Yes, wood is about right.  That said, the number 6 in the Tarot also symbolises perfection and beauty.   And there is much of that too in this last year of marriage though, I suspect those moments have very subjective interpretations. Perfection  for me is being back home, in a job I like, in an area of London I love and looking at the very imminent prospect of becoming a homeowner once again.  Beauty is seeing The Lish become a confident and happy child, in a good school with a great bunch of friends.

And as we enter the 7th year, I'm hoping to avoid the itch that tears people apart to instead scratch the itch that propels people into new adventures. But let's not get ahead or ourselves.

For today, the day we tied the knot 6 years ago, we plan on just being nice to eachother.  Not as easy as you might think when there's a broth of resentment bubbling away in the background.  Resentments that stem from bad life decisions in the past and a whole lotta immaturity.  Slowly the broth is evaporating but it has taken a lot of 'wood' to keep that fire burning and no doubt will continue to do so. Lucky then that 6th anniversaries are symbolised by the stuff. 

In many ways I do believe that The Silverback and me are destined to live our lives in reverse.  Getting pregnant on your wedding night doesn't leave much time for a couple to bond and enjoy that part of the journey.  We will have to wait until the other end, when the kid leaves home and we're into the winter of our lives.  I'll admit it's a huge risk.  So many variables at play, but this wasn't exactly planned so the least I can do is go into this with a completely open mind, and heart.  Having made it this far despite the turmoil and continent hopping, I don't think it's overly ambitious.  Is it? 

Today then is all about spending it together, as us.  You know to make up for lost time.

No comments: