Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fear - The Biggest Scam of All


Week 1 in the PR house and I'm still smiling. The 6am starts, the guilt of having to wake the nipper not much later for the somnolent shuffle to daycare, the relinquishing of traditional mummy duties to the nanny thereafter and the rigid regiment of a commute, not to mention the inability now to stay awake much past 10pm: ALL WORTH IT. The 8 months of questing all the more justified.


The fact that half my money goes towards childcare - all of it, every single trade-off: ALL WORTH IT.


In the end, I mean the very end, when death takes the final payment from me, I'll have regrets about many things, of that I have no doubt but the decision to go to work under the circumstances described above won't be one of them. Coming to Canada probably will but that is another story altogether and something I need to live with now, am living with and will live with. To be able to spend the coming long weekend with hubby and child will be all the sweeter now that I can approach the experience from a place of want and not need.


Ok gloating finished. I deserve it and so do you. Failure is redeemable, fear on the other hand is not. Don't let it dictate how far you go. Life is cheap and toilet paper expensive.

No comments: