Monday, September 20, 2010

A New Vibration

I started penning this entry last week, in longhand (old school style) which I don't usually do, prefering the stream of conciousness method which I then preen and fluff as I go.  Works for me.  I'm sure glad I didn't waste your precious breaktime by uploading too soon as I wouldn't have yet received a proposition for a threesome on Saturday to which, I'm happy to report, I resisted - it wasn't hard.  I won't be hitching a ride in anyone's motorbike sidecar ever.  100 % sure about that but it is interesting what you will entertain listening to when you've gone one Mojito too far. Sober, I may have burst out laughing. 

Nor would I have been able to report on an interview that I was initially unsure of, turning into the most fun I've had in a suit.  I surprised myself by giving a very grown-up, confidence-filled presentation last week and wasn't that fazed when I was asked what I thought was the most important quote in the English language. Yes, that was one of the set interview questions.  How do you like them apples?  I like 'em fine. Maybe (just maaaaaaybe) I was just the right side of hung over (I had gone to bid a dear new friend Godspeed - she's off to live in the Home Counties - the night before and sparkling wine was the guest of honour) or maybe I was experiencing that elusive but wonderful feeling of release you get when you KNOW THE ANSWER.  It helps that I collect quotes. I had many to choose from...nerd that I am.

It also helps if you accept that everything is open to interpretation.  To me the question is almost unanswerable because every day is a different vibration.  What is important today may not matter tomorrow.  So I gave him a quote that resonated with me at that moment.  It's by Kenneth Tynan (20th century's infamously harsh but genius theatre critic;  He described his job once as follows: "I mummify transcience".   Deep ennit? for such a short sentence.  I love it.

I'm also awash with personal, social and professional responsibilities this week from pre-school booster appointments, to second interviews to gigs with new friends leading to ever decreasing doses of crap TV (a blessing).  Frankly, I'm exhausted but I do feel there has been an irrevokable shift in this phase of my life - for the good. 

After all the recent upheaval of moving countries and oh so much more,  I'm feeling ready for my close-up .  Professionally and personally.

No comments: