Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Power of Now

Yep, that ‘Now’, the one Mr Tolle extols. I haven’t read his books but I do channel the sentiment when I say, I know the power of ‘Now’. See, I haven’t been the best company lately, wrapped up as I have been in big and small picture scenarios hasn’t made for the healthiest mindset. Add to that the world we currently live in and here, dearest friends is the recipe for inner turmoil and the bleakest emotional landscape.


But I’ve long been an alumni of the ‘pick up and dust off’ school of thought and while it sometimes takes me a little while to stand up again, depending on the force of the shove, (lately it has felt like the world’s weight on my shoulders) spoonful by spoonful, I've excavated an escape route worthy of The Shawshank Redemption. I’ve since covered the hole with a picture of Jake Gyllenhaal.

I have for a while been walking in the shadow of the moon but today (finally) I reconnected with the nurturer within and truly engaged with myself and those around me who matter. I was immediately filled with hope. In so doing, and almost by magic I appear to have willed a glut of reciprocal experiences. To begin with and most importantly I had a great morning with The Lish which must make a welcome change from the usual Wicked Witch act.

The long period of silence and introspection (painful as these tend to be) has brought with it the gift of revelation, which I’m sure The Silverback is most grateful for. And finally the phone rang off the hook with work related requests which I can tell you is an incredible development after the Australian Outback-like  drought in this area.

Of course now it's time to step up to the plate.  One interview requires a presentation.  I'll give 'em presentation.  In fact, I've had to turn some opportunities down; don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly in the position to do so but that doesn't mean I can't be discerning about what I decide to do next because whatever it is, it's got to keep me happy for a long time. 

That means choosing well now, not just in terms of work but life in general.  In man terms I'm fighting the urge to lease a Porche, get a piercing and bleach my hair.

No comments: