Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Feet

Has this been the longest winter or what?  It has felt like an ice age and listen, I've experienced a Canadian winter which would, you would think make anything over minus 2 degrees feel like The Bahamas.  The relentless grey skies and dampness grinds like a whinging kid until all you want to do is open your own wrists.  So when the sun made an appearance today I downed tools at work and pissed off out of the office for the most efficient of walks.  And what a difference a break makes.

Pressure at work continues to weigh down on me but in the words of Lena Horne, it's not the weight that will kill you - it's the way you carry it.  Personally, I've decided to carry one box at a time.  Result:  feeling less like a robot and more like someone who will one day be able to call the shots a bit more.  I'm almost enjoying it.

Situation at home has improved too.  Nothing short of a miracle there.

Actually in this respect I do believe I've experience a true rebirth interally - externally I've undergone a bit of a reshaping too.  Thanks to my recent brush with death by poop - I've actually (finally) lost close to 5 lbs of the most stubborn back fat, muffin top and I feel great.  I believe I don't look too shabby either.  All I need to do now is get the shears out and trim up and I'm literally ready for my close up.  What fun!

And to this point - I'm less than 7 weeks away from the grand unveil - beach time inThe Canaries.  I'm off on a yoga holiday in the sun.  All I have to do is continue to eat like a bird and all will be well.  Judging from the recent increase in appetite this restraint looks to be slipping away.  I may have had beetroot for dinner but I am duty bound to admit to a double chocolate muffin today that I didn't exactly nibble at during my little stroll in the sun.  In fact anyone watching would think I'd recently been released from a Japanese prisoner of war camp.

Ah, well - Rome wasn't build in a day. 

No comments: