Monday, January 5, 2009

No post Christmas blues?

The 5th January hasn't been anywhere near as depressing as I expected. Though I don't get up to go to work as I 'work' from home (both the most and least enjoyable aspect of my job), it was however back to the commuting version of 'March of the Penguins' for my husband.

I had become quite used to having him around over the holidays and normally I'd be really down at the prospect of waking up alone, going to bed alone and pretty much spending the bit in between alone 'cept for when my little girl gets home from daycare taking me from one extreme to the other. Bless her cotton socks.

Sunday night was unusually upbeat and pleasant too. We watched "Elizabeth" on the telly. Cate Blanchett sounding like her Lord of the Rings character but still ever so good and then this morning's glorious winter sunshine.

It's only 10:30 am granted - still time for a crisis but right now all is well. In a year that bodes so badly for personal finances, it's a good job that I haven't lost the ability to appreciate life's simple pleasures or perhaps I've been taking too much cough syrup again.

Either way, I plan on being less of a 'Girl Interrupted' this year and more of a 'this one time in band camp' person.

No comments: