Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Needles and Pins

I can feel another change phase coming. With The Lish having started her second daycare now; she does half a day at the gorgeous place (which, believe it or not is free!! You have got to love London) and half a day at a paid for place not nearly as gorgeous (not least because it’s not free) but needs must, I now have the opportunity and duty to get back into tip top shape if I’m going to get this Yoga business off the ground. It will begin with an intensive course of yoga sessions over the next couple of months, a hateful diet (I have run out of excuses and the baby fat line has now become a thing of ridicule) followed by a round of creative sell-ins at gyms and the like.


I do want to branch out on my own but I think it’s important I don’t do what I’m naturally wired to and have done all my professional life and that is...get ahead of myself. This time and because I really mean it, I realise that I’m a few years (yes, years) away from heading up my own studio...at least. In the meantime I will grow my own clientele but like I said, I am currently unable to touch my own toes (let alone see them...ok I exaggerate a bit) even so, I’d better get a wiggle on.

And as is usual with a change of gear, the bizarro sees its chance and it’s Carpe Diem!. First off : mouth ulcers. Ugly pain holes that have punctured the side of my right cheek from molar to incisor. I’ve never experienced the like before. I thought at first I had some sort of flesh eating disease and to be honest I’m not entirely sure it’s not that. 3 weeks into my penance and 5 tubes of Bonjela gel later (I was going through tubes of the stuff like I owned shares in it) I finally caved and went to see a doctor to get me some of the good stuff. The good stuff turns out is hydrocortisone. Steroids to the layman and best friend of the body builder. I honestly do not know how that is suppose to work. So in order to get rid of something, it appears you have to supersize it. Well, we’ll see what happens. If nothing else, I may grow a nice set of guns to go with the impressive moustache.

Then, the furniture arrives just as Jim Jam king takes off – he’s in Philly for the week which means muggings here gets left with the job of heaving and hoeing – still when you’re living room looks like this:


And has done since March – you kinda have to act on it don’t you?

And finally a landline and the internet people are coming too (I mean, I’m like a whirling dervish with all this newfound commodity) which means I no longer have to ponce internet off McDonalds or Starbucks any more (this should help the diet) and can I just say the service provider we eventually plumped for (PLUSNET) after waiting 9 weeks for SKY to do NOTHING (which incidentally is what it should be called – I mean how are they still in business?) managed to do in 3 days what SKY couldn’t do in almost 3 months. It’s an award winner you know but as Sausage Fingers pointed out when doing YOUR JOB, the one you are paid to do and nothing more wins you an award - well, it’s hardly an achievement. Still, I’m impressed, which is pathetic because it’s true – they are only doing what they said they would, no more. I guess I’m just grateful it’s no less. Again sad. What a sorry state of affairs.

Right I'm off to find a man with a van.

No comments: