Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chairman of the bored

Having a blah week.  Are you?  Is this like Manic Monday or Black Friday?  Maybe this week has a name too, something like Stalk Old Boyfriends On The Internet You're So Bored Thursday. Bored RIGID.  I don't know whether I just need it to be the weekend or whether it's time to organise a trip or something.  Actually a festival would be ideal.  I'd love to go back to Bonnaroo in Nashville.  It was pretty special and the pulled pork they serve down that way is unforgettable - momma is used to some heat!  Aside from not being able to understand a fucking word they speak down there, it's perfect.  In fact come to think of it,  it's the  not being able to understand a thing that makes it so perfect.  I mean, if I don't know what you're saying, I'm unlikely to give a shit.

Ignorance may not be a defence in the eyes of the law but it sure as hell is bliss and besides the law is an ass. And since I find the most annoying thing about trips are all the other people, being unable to engage is a bonus. 

So let's reassess - I'm bored and hostile. Not the best time then to attend a children's school play say or a wedding. 

You call that a shepherd!  Your angel sucks!  Can you imagine?  I'm imagining going to a childrens' nativity play - I know it's May, work with me. 

Well at least tomorrow is Friday.  In itself a beautiful thing.  Talking of weddings, I do have a delicious wedding to go to on Sunday.  I've bought a dress (found a corker of a dress at a charity shop - you know me) that is just fabulous, if a little revealing.  I've had to buy dress tape - you know to stick the material to my skin.  It's very slinky and tantalisingly silky. Let's hope the tape works because if the dress slips off my shoulders as I reach over for a top up of fizz, it will be more than the champagne corks that will be popping.

Right I'm off to boil some bunnies.

No comments: