Monday, May 9, 2011

Moving on up

It's going to be one of those mega updates again.  See, life happens when you're not paying attention. Since I last dribbled on about diamond earrings and hen-nights a few things have happened.  For one, we've had an offer accepted on a flat. That is all I will say on the matter at this point because I am so supremely paranoid that something will go wrong, I am going to have to leave it at that.  Except to say it's a corker of a place in West Hamstead and really oh, I've said too much already.  That's all for now.  I will post ad naseum updates galore on the ins and outs of the legal process, the chin dragging bore of the packing, the anticipated peel-off-my-own-skin hell of the move and all the wonderful idiosyncrasies of banks, lawyers and estate agents in between but for now, let's say:  What a freaking result for the home team! 

Meanwhile back at the ranch, we've had another kind of move - a desk move this time and one that I managed to side step completely by being away for it on that delicious Yoga retreat in The Canary Islands.  While I was saluting the sun and locking bandhas, some poor sod was given the hapless task of packing my desk up which has a unique organic filing system not even the most severe compulsive obsessive could cope with. 

Another result I think you'll find.  I could get used to avoiding all manner of responsibility.  I could be onto something.

No comments: