Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An even keel

So another hum drum week rolls by and to be honest it's the best way to live when you think about it - as I have done, given, well....that it's a hum drum freaking week and what the heck else is there to do but think.  And I've come to this conclusion - hum drum is good.  It means no dramas, no mishaps, no disasters.  I think it's probably ok even to talk about the flat. You know - THE flat.  The one we've been looking for since last summer so as to become fully fledged Londoners again and stop the hungry little chatter of house rental money blades that shred your hard earned dosh with nothing but NOTHING to show for it - aside from NOTHING. Yes siree - so far, so good.  Flat in already desirable (none of this up and coming cock and bull) area. Check.  Offer for well under the asking price accepted. Check.  Mortgage applications.  God knows how, but - Check.  Evaluation. Check and dog's bollocks of a good lawyer on the case with the rest. Checkety Check.  We do need a few things still to go our way but all that going well - looks like we'll be moving into a delightful place in ooh a couple of months or so.  So Hum Drum - long may you continue.

On a much less hum drum note - I did attend the wedding of one of my oldest friends - with whom I've also had one of the longest running rifts.  Still, as her sister pointed out, it's only real friends with real affection that have rifts the size of the San Andreas fault line. So I was very happy to be at the wedding but will admit the pang, the surge of regret that I was but a mere guest and not a part of the wedding party.  A few years ago that would have been unthinkable.  Ah how the mighty have fallen. Still, thankful for small mercies because it really was the stupidest of things that caused this at one time seemingly irreparable rip, so I may have fallen but I've also travelled.  This is good and this here is better:

No comments: