Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hey! Mr. Grinch, Over Here!

I can't remember the last time I was this unprepared for Christmas . I love Christmas, really I do. I love the notion of it because in reality after the presents are unwrapped it's well, a little bit boring. Then the shops being closed and everyone sleeping on couches around the house begins to inwardly irritate me. Obviously, I'm blessed with having the family around all the time and for those that don't then Christmas must take on a really special meaning. As it should. Perhaps I should spent more time away from the family in the run up to these holidays. Food for thought.

That's the other thing. Food. I have to be in the right mood to cook. When I am - it's magic. Otherwise I'd be just as happy spooning cold baked beans straight from the tin. This year happily we're off to the in-laws and they always put on a good spread. I'll help with the clean-up. Least I can do.

Back to my unpreparedness - yes I've been caught with my hair in rollers. First, I lost my credit card and had to cancel it one week before Christmas meaning I've had to rely on loans so that recipients of my gifts are essentially buying their own presents until I can pay them back. Kind of takes the joy out of receiving - but strangely not out of giving. I might be onto something here...

Then I went to London for ten days at the start of December leaving me precious little time to find really insightful gifts. Result, I spent three hours dragging my Emus around a mall yesterday slowly losing the will to live with each passing second.

I have a very honest buying style. If it's something I would most likely re-gift at the earliest opportunity than it doesn't make the cashier. When all you have time to do is trudge around the chain stores...well...300 hours wouldn't be enough let alone three. In the end I make one great find. A golf skirt - it's really cool. Looks like a skirt but is in fact shorts and very feminine too. That's for the mother -in-law who is golf mad. I gave up after that.

I have one more day to get the rest of the presents in. I haven't even started buying for the hubby. He will not be impressed. I'm in big trouble. And worst of all I have no choice but to go to the same mall again today.

It's been nice knowing you all. If I'm not back online soon, please alert the medics.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: