Monday, November 23, 2009

Ctrl + Alt + Del

Where do I start with regards the tedium that is my life at the moment? Let's see that would be October 2nd, 2007. Look away now if you are an unfeeling bastard and have no time to read about a person's despair however unfounded (I'm running on gland juice vapours - the bad stuff that is made in the pituitary) and I'm now left with only the desire to moan pointlessly and self-indulgently like a poor little rich girl (without the money, the social standing or the figure).


I'm not in the mood to play ball today and that is supposing there is someone at the other end waiting to catch said proverbial ball, which of course there isn't and there hasn't been for over 2 years. I play against the wall like the immigrant I am. Luckily I'm too arrogant to be a groupie where I could indulge an unhealthy low self-esteem by giving BJs to middle-aged accordion players - the only kind of musician you'll find here in the Superstore land of the Dollarama commuter. And I'm too broken to travel into town plus I fear my tongue would freeze stuck to said appendages in these here Tundra-like conditions.  Though to be honest it's been mild for November in Ontario and that's ME saying this - me, who wouldn't throw Canada a bone if it saved my life - but it is - and I still won't.  Not today in any event.

I feel like that poor sod who it turns out was in fact conscious for 23 years (just paralysed or perhaps he wasn't in the mood to play ball either), and not at all the slightest bit in a coma like those clever doctors said. Can you imagine the conversations he must have been privy too? Actually there is no way my life is as interesting as that.  Can't wait for the film. 
So, what's up? Well, I can't say. Not yet because well...it hasn't happened. I will say that I don't much like revising for exams with a 3 year old in tow. THE HORROR! Nor have I been much enjoying the habit I've developed of clock watching at work....never a good sign. And then I get invited to the FIRST party ever that wasn't through my husband and I can't go.  Still if Coma Man can be optimistic after everything that (didn't) happen to him, surely I can be too.

Roll on anything at all.

No comments: