Friday, March 19, 2010

I Want it Now

I'd forgotten how much effort and time goes into relocating - hence the outrageous break in blogging.  Today is our last night at the hotel and I feel we are all very ready to have a little more space and freedom, to be replaced, I'm sure by another set of binding obligations.  For a start we will surely kill eachother without TV, so enabling the ability to Zen out to repeats of Friends will take precedence as soon as we take possession of said new flat.   It being London, cable men are like lottery wins.  I'm prepping for the ridiculousness of their estimated 8 hour window and the customary 3 weeks of to-ing & fro-ing to set up a visit.  I`d better stock up on beer and Vodka in the meantime.

Even more nightmarish is the question of buying and having delivered before the end of this decade, a couple of bits of essential furniture.  Not looking forward to the prospect of having to wait up to 28 days for delivery of things I am touching and seeing in the store.  I will never understand why I can't just take the one on display. 

"But madam if we did that with everyone that wanted the display copy - we'd have nothing left in the shop."
Dream situation for a shop, I would have thought. No?  Oh OK - I do get it.  Doesn't make me feel any better.

 I remember my first flat and having to sleep on the floor for 6 weeks.  Yikes -I sincerely hope this won't be the case.

Other than that, tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives in a way as we move back into London proper, as tax paying residents.  Setting up tax accounts with councils and TV license providers will obviously be a walk in the park.  Of course.  Getting the TV for which you are required to pay a license will not be quite so straight-forward.  Again, of course.

Ah - it's good to be home. 

No comments: