Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just living

Day 4 in the new place.  One word: REDEMPTION.  I would lick the place (if I were so inclined and/or mentally unstable enough - which is any day now) that is how much I love it.  I'm a bus ride away from a gazillion interesting things and I'm milking this for all it's worth especially since I'm temporarily back to spending every waking minute with The Lish.  She starts big school in September, an event she is dreading.  I haven't the heart to tell her that I'd push it forward by 6 months if I could.  I mean, I love her dearly and have been thoroughly enjoying our outings to museums and swimming pools but...how can I put this....after a while and especially if you're used to working etc...fulltime motherhood is dull as church.  There I've said it.  No doubt the attendant karma will follow.

I can only take so much of this before I start unravelling.  I'm keeping a close eye on the end of the psychological yarn.  So far the proverbial dab of clear nailpolish is holding but it's starting to flake.

Thankfully London is also full to bursting with children's drop in centres and today I discovered one which was 'les cuilles du chien' or the Dog's Bollocks.   

The flat is a delight - did I say?  Located in a rather posh area of London  (don't mind if I do!) may as well enjoy it while it lasts as I doubt very much we will be able to buy here.  To be fair it was just as expensive in Ontario what with cars and insurances and alcohol to dull the pain of suburbia - I'd rather spend it on location! location! location!

The kitchen overlooks a tennis club.  The Canuck (husband man) loves it and I mean that in a Benny Hill sort of way.  He took a little mosey over to check out the sports club bit of it and was shown around by 'the treasurer', that's right - it's sooooo posh it doesn't have a manager - it has a treasurer.  There were no brooms, Sausage boy explained, because they are all rammed right up the management's arse and while they were speaking English - it was very hard to understand them.  Secretly, he loves it.

Secretly, so do I.

No comments: