Friday, January 15, 2010

The Good, the Bad, the Sad and the Absurd


So, the For Sale sign has gone up (again- that's twice in two years) but this time it's for real, not that wanting to sell and go wasn't a genuine wish the first time round but times were bad for the economy and the numbers just weren't adding up.  Also last time round the plan was to trade down and find something in Toronto which as I've discovered in relatively little time doesn't make a snatch of difference to winter temperatures or length thereof, (5 months of Hiver is Spanish for torture) or the fact that, I just want to go home - so actually Thank God we didn't, I mean can you imagine? Anyway, listen this post is not about more moaning (repetitive? moi?)

Instead and for posterity (or posterior) I've produce a pictorial of things that have for some reason amused, bemused or be-joyed during my incarceration. K?


I mean look at this!  The local supermarket stores its shopping carts in such a way that the pedestrian has to do this...

That's right - dice with death and walk on the road in order to get to the front entrance - ABSURD!




Ok, now look at this delightful view of the carpark from the local Starbucks.  I'm telling you - this is life in the fast lane.  What? I'm making this up? Starbucks wouldn't come to a place like this?  Oh yes it did.  SAD. 



Right, now look at this.  What a lovely street decoration isn't it? Except it has been plonked right in front of the door to the dentist...by the dentist.  MARVELLOUS! 

Here are more car parks and my absolute favourite - the strip mall - Oh how awesome this place is!



This is all I have to say about life in the suburbs.  Notice the absense of life.

Ok, now for something almost beautiful, if it wasn't so weird.  Work it out for yourself.





The entrance to my favourite shop in Hamilton; it's called Pure and it's on Locke Street.  This is Locke Street:
and this is inside Pure:



It sells perfumes, ointments and jewels of many colours.

AND FINALLY... this is where my husband leaves his pyjamas every day.  One day I am going to set fire to them.



So, you see, I simply must leave.

No comments: