Saturday, January 9, 2010

It was 'Cached' all the time

I have no idea what cached means but I'm nothing if not tenatious.  I found the missing blogpost - it was in Google's version of Siberia - or Cached.  Anyhow, this is Dec. 31st's blogpost.  Let it never be said that I didn't close the year out properly!!

Dec. 31st Keep Calm and Curry on.

I've binged and I've purged. Now for something different.


It's New Year's Eve, the house is quiet. The Lish and papa smurf are both napping - it's adorable. I'm sipping Spanish Tempranillo (Shiraz) after a hectic morning of fixing toilets, replenishing bog roll, doing a mound of laundry the size of a boulder, braving the Lululemon sale (extravagantly priced chain of Yoga apparel shops in Canada that you simply HAVE to own something from) - an experience not unlike what I imagine falling into the lion enclosure dripping with beef chimichangas would be - I barely made it out alive - but I did snag and I mean SNAG a pair of ultra thin magic spandex leggings that can make a 300lb woman look like a size 6 (blue and dead from asphyxiation) but beautiful in a vampire-like way, on my engagement ring of all things...ominous. Still, you can't tell and they were on sale so whatever.

I also had to stop for Champagne (which I've already started on of course - and why not?) I don't want to risk falling asleep before midnight and miss out altogether - a very definite possibility, especially since like I said, I've already started and honestly I will never understand why doctor's don't prescribe Champagne instead of sleeping pills -but I digress. I mean let's be honest, Christmas is about presents and New Year is about sleeping pills, I mean booze, at least until I become fully and properly enlightened.

Anyway, to continue then with today's wearying tasks: I queued 7 months for a small bag of king prawns which I will prepare al perejil (parsley) for New Year's Day dinner (a family tradition) and then rushed home to fit in some Nidra meditation before having to pick the sproglette up from daycare, only to realise I'd forgotten shampoo and more shit tickets. Oh we've had the most awful case of bum gravy sweep the family but that's another blog (or bog) post altogether.

I'm possibly the only person I know that finds making time for meditation (something I live for) more stressful than if I just didn't do it at all. But thankfully it's all done now and I feel good. Great even. Again as with every year, the eternal optimist (just a minute, waiting for gaffawing to stop from the peanut gallery), I feel like I'm once again on the brink of the best year yet and I base this in true manic depressive fashion on the fact that it really couldn't get much worse. A spectrum of emotions in that sentence a bit like the pangram: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog (contains all the letters of the alphabet).

Overall the feeling I have about 2010 is once of calm and hope. I'm more concerned with what we will all eat tonight than I am about selling up and hauling ass back to the UK over the next few months.

Curry - has to be, though on second thoughts, have I bought enough toilet tissue? Best get the order in before the chef closes the kitchen and worry about the rest later.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: