Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happiness from Another Angle

So I went to the indoor climbing wall yesterday and it's the best I've ever seen. Nothing under 5.5 (grading system for climbs which refers to how steep a climb is and/or level of difficulty). There was a bouldering competition in progress when I arrived and it was fantastic to see the diversity of climbers there. Mature pro-climbers to kids of school age. That should provide enough camouflage for me. I'm not a bad climber but I'm very out of practice. The last time I climbed was about 5 years ago and while I was leading 5 + routes back then I have since got married, had a child and lost the will to live which can take the spark out of the hardiest delusionally happy clappy type.

I've had an epiphany since the 'girl interrupted' season I started out here as and I'm not about to walk that plank again. To allow that to happen again would be to allow a preventable slip off the mortal coil. Since making the decision to do something for myself (and I mean an honest to goodness self serving activity) I've been in a much better mood and everyone around me has noticed which just goes to show -greed is good (sometimes).

Also I've been invited back for a second interview by the fine old charity I mentioned in my last post. More about that or not as appropriate. I'm off to get a harness, rope, couple of locking carabenas and quick draws. Sound like a western.

No comments: